Dear Ashley,

I am a senior this year, but I will be 3 credits short of graduation after the spring semester. I would really like to go home during the summer and complete my degree requirements. What are my options for doing so?


Needs Help in Newing


Dear Needs Help,

No need to worry…there are a few different ways that you can finish your degree without having to stay in Binghamton next summer. You may choose to enroll in an online course through Binghamton or another institution. The SUNY Learning Network is an excellent resource for finding and registering for online coursework through other SUNY schools. Check out the website at to get an idea of what will be offered in summer 2011.

Another option would be to enroll in a course at a college or university in your hometown. Ask Ashley reminds you to submit a “Transfer Credit Petition” prior to taking any coursework through another school to make sure that it will count towards the requirement(s) you want to satisfy.

After your degree requirements are complete, please submit an “Application for Undergraduate Degree” for summer 2011 through the BU Brain. Remember, advisors are always available to assist you if you have any questions throughout the process.


Ask Ashley

*Previous Ask Ashley Q & A:

Last Updated: 8/10/15