Transfer Credit Policies and Information

Transfer Guidelines and Policies
View general guidelines and policies governing the transfer of credits from other instructions or programs.

Course to Course Equivalencies  
Use these tables to determine what courses from selected colleges and universities will transfer as equivalent courses. In general, these courses may be taken without petitioning for credit (except if you are in Economics, English or Biology - more info). Please visit the forms area for more information on petitioning courses from schools not listed on the tables.

General Education Transfer Guide (.pdf, 66kb)
This guide shows the general education requirements at Binghamton University (BU) and the SUNY community college courses that can be taken to fulfill them. These are suggested courses; there may be additional courses that would fulfill the requirements.

AP Credits and AP Equivalency Tables
Use these tables to determine how AP courses may transfer, and to determine the grading threshold for the awarding of credit.

Using Transfer Credits to Fulfill General Education Requirements
Read and understand the policies governing the transfer of credits to fulfill General Education Requirements.

Choosing a Major (.pdf, 139kb)
Planning guide for transfer students enrolling in Harpur College of Arts & Sciences

International Baccalaureate Policies
Binghamton University students may earn credit by exam for coursework completed in high school under the Higher International Baccalaureate Program. Please view the policies and criteria on this page for complete details.

Ask an Advisor
If you have a general question not answered using the above policy documents, try the FAQ, designed to give succinct answers to common questions or concerns.

Transfer Credits & Degree Audit Issues
Our Degree Audit helpdesk and ticket tracker can be of service when you simply need to submit or follow up on a question concerning your degree audit.

Last Updated: 8/11/15