About the Council
The Harpur Law Council was formed in 1995 to serve the needs and interests of Binghamton University alumni attorneys and pre-law students. Its goal is to strengthen Binghamton University's mission and tradition of academic excellence by advising the dean of Harpur College on matters regarding academic issues and programs relevant to the legal profession.
Working closely with the Harpur College Dean, the Harpur Law Council seeks to:
- Establish an effective network of University law alumni.
- Mentor students and alumni interested in law careers.
- Recruit outstanding students to attend Binghamton University and Harpur College.
- Provide guidance and advice to Harpur College on academic issues and programs relevant to the legal profession.
- Increase financial support for special projects that include public interest law internships.