Membership and Committees
Membership in the Harpur Law Council is open to all alumni and friends of the University in the legal profession who seek to enhance the national visibility and to sustain the tradition of excellence of Binghamton University and Harpur College of Arts and Sciences. To learn how you can support or become involved in Harpur Law Council projects and upcoming events, contact Leah Joggerst at firstname.lastname@example.org or 607-777-4098.
A Steering Committee, appointed by the Dean of Harpur College, directs the projects of the Harpur Law Council and is supported by the following working committees. The committees are open to non-steering committee volunteers who seek to enhance the mission of the Harpur Law Council.
- Internship Committee: Enables placement of pre-law students in public interest law internships.
- Development Committee: Explores ways to increase funding for Harpur Law Council projects and Binghamton University.
- Membership Committee: Encourages the involvement of law alumni volunteers interested in furthering the goals of the Harpur Law Council.
- Social Media and Marketing Committee: Utilizes social media and marketing tools to increase the visibility of the Council and conduct outreach to law alumni to further engage them with the Harpur Law Council, Harpur College and Binghamton University.
- Network/Mentoring Committee: Provides opportunities for alumni in the legal profession to network and reconnect with Binghamton University and the Harpur College community. Provides opportunities for alumni to share their professional experiences and advice with current students interested in pursuing a career in the legal field through social media platforms, special events, panel and roundtable discussions and networking events both on and off campus.