If you’re planning to travel abroad, it’s not too early to start planning for special health needs related to your trip. Required and recommended immunizations should be considered at least 2 or 3 months before departure. If your program requires you to have a physical examination, we can give you a list of providers who perform this service (the cost for this service is your responsibility).

Dr. Michael Leonard, medical director of the Decker Student Health Services Center, can provide consultation about travel medicine for individuals and groups. These sessions must be scheduled; please call the center at 607-777-2221 for an appointment. You’ll be asked about when and where the travel will take place. This allows us to assemble an individualized information packet for your visit.

United Occupational Medicine, part of United Health Services, can provide travel immunizations. Please contact them at 607-762-2333 to make an appointment at least six weeks prior to scheduled travel. You may also want to explore these sites: Centers for Disease Control and United States Department of State.

Last Updated: 8/11/16