Ph.D., Edinburgh University
Office: LT 1312
Phone: (607) 777-2434 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent or current undergraduate courses:
- Introduction to African History
- Muslim Peoples of the World
- Islam in the Americas
Recent or current graduate courses:
- Muslim Social History
- Muslim Social History to Nineteenth-Century
- West African History
- West Africa to the 20th Century
- North African History: 16th-20th Centuries
- Topics in Muslim African History
Courses with an asterisk are also open to undergraduates.
- Racism, Sexism, and the World-System, co-editor with J. Smith, J. Collins and T.K. Hopkins. Greenwood Press, 1988.
- "The Image of Africans in Arabic Literature: Some Unpublished Manuscripts," in John R. Willis, ed., Slaves and Slavery in Muslim Africa, Volume I: Islam and the Ideology of Enslavement. Frank Cass, 1985, pp. 47-74.
- "Muslims in the United States: An Overview of Organizations, Doctrines, and Problems," in Y.Y. Haddad, B. Haines, and E. Findly, eds., The Islamic Impact. Syracuse University Press, 1984, pp. 195-217.
- "Islam and National Integration Through Education in Nigeria," in John L. Esposito, ed., Islam and Development: Religion and Sociopolitical Change. Syracuse University Press, 1980, pp. 181-205.
- "The Samorian Occupation of Bondoukou: An Indigenous View," The International Journal of African Historical Studies X, no. 2 (1977): 242-58.