Kevin N. Wright
Professor and Faculty Master, Mountainview College
Office: Appalachian Building, Room 101, Mountainview College
Office Phone: (607) 777-7663
Fax: (607) 777-7587
Dr. Kevin Wright (Professor of Human Development) earned his BA and MS in Criminology from Sam Houston State University and his PhD in Community Systems Planning and Development from The Pennsylvania State University. Dr. Wright is the author of 4 books and more than 60 articles and book chapters. He has served as an evaluator on numerous funded projects including the Evaluation of Adolescent Family Life Demonstration Projects: Helping Our Parents to Be Educators (HOPE) project funded by the Office of Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. In collaboration with Lourdes Hospital Youth Services, he was a recipient of a W.K. Kellogg Fellow Leadership Alliance "Make a Difference Grant" to educate adults on the youth service system. Dr. Wright's current research interests concentrate on local communities and developing programs to keep children and youth from engaging in problematic behaviors. He has been instrumental in the development of the Broome County Gang Prevention Program and serves on its Board of Directors. Dr. Wright currently serves as a Faculty Master in the Mountainview College at Binghamton University.
- Ph.D. Community systems planning and development, The Pennsylvania State University
- M.A. Criminology and corrections, Sam Houston State University
- B.S. Criminology and corrections, Sam Houston State University
- Visiting Fellow, Office of Research, Federal Bureau of Prisons, United States Department of Justice
- W.K. Kellogg National Fellowship, Group VII, W.K. Kellogg Foundation
Courses Regularly Taught
- Social Science Research Methods
- Aggressive Behavior in Children and Youth
- Models of Social Advocacy
- Parenting Education
- Troubled youth
- Aggression and violence
- Delinquency and substance abuse prevention
- Positive youth development
- Organizational development and planning
- Kevin N. Wright, An Assessment of the Capacity to Measure Performance among the Nation’s Prison Systems,” Federal Probation, 68 (2004): 51-58.
- Kevin N. Wright, “Designing A National Performance Measurement System,” The Prison Journal, 85 (2005): 368-393.
- Kevin N. Wright and Laura R. Bronstein, Creating Decent Prisons: A Serendipitous Finding about Prison Hospice,” Journal of Offender Rehabilitation 44 (2007): 1-16.
- Kevin N. Wright, “’Giving Voice’ to Youth in Out-of-Home Placements, Journal of Human Behavior in the Social Environment, 20 (2010): 335-348.
- Kevin N. Wright and Cherie Wooden, “A Parent Developed Parent Training Program,” Family Science Review, 15 (2010): 41-56.
- Kevin N. Wright and Cherie Wooden, “A Qualitative Assessment of a Parent-Developed, Parent-Run Program to Prevent Teenage Pregnancy,” Journal of Human Behavior in the Social Environment, 20 (2011): 335-348.