E-mail Information for New Faculty/Staff
Binghamton University offices will rely on the Binghamton University email address as the primary means of communication with you. After you complete your new hire information with Human Resources, an email address will be set up for you. This may take up to 3-5 business days.
Here’s how you may access your new email address and change your password:
• Go to http://password.binghamton.edu
• Click on the link for PODS Password Reset. To gain access, enter your social security number (without dashes) and Personal Access Code (PAC). The PAC is found on the back of your University ID card and consists of the last four digits of the library bar code (the number beginning 2 9091). An illustration of the PAC is available at: https://busi.binghamton.edu/help/emhelplog.html
• The first time you log into the PODS Password Reset process, you’ll be asked to accept the “Acceptable Use Policy.” More information on the policy is available at http://computing.binghamton.edu/policies/acceptable-use
• Your User ID will be displayed on the page. Enter a new password of your choice, confirm the new password, and click “Submit.”
• Your PODS User ID and password will be used for access to BMail password reset, Blackboard, Self-Service Banner, Library resources, campus network validation, and access to public computers on campus.
• Next, activate your BMail account password.
• Click on the link for BMail Password Reset on http://password.binghamton.edu. To gain access, enter the PODS account User ID you viewed previously, and the PODS password you just created.
• Enter a new password of your choice, confirm the new password, and click “Submit.”
• Your BU email address is now ready for use! Note that your email address is in the form email@example.com and uses the BMail password you just submitted.
More information about your Binghamton University email, such as forwarding, listservs, accessing your email and mailbox quotas, is available at http://computing.binghamton.edu/email
For assistance, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 607-777-6420.
For a printable version of this information please click here.