This online version of Inside was launched Aug. 25, 2010.
While initially a cost-cutting measure, this online version of Inside has expanded our audience and allowed Inside to be more timely in covering major news and events.
This online Inside includes all of the traditional sections of the newspaper that readers are accustomed to – major stories, news briefs, kudos, in the news, great photos and a calendar of events – but also has pages dedicated to research, sports and the arts.
As a new issue is posted each week – and when there is timely major news coverage – we will announce the headlines via Dateline (to faculty and staff) and e-mail messages as appropriate to those who have joined our mailing list. We will build this mailing list as our audience grows through opting in on our subscribe page.
Published weekly and as news happens year-round.
Deadline for copy: rolling basis
Opt-in to receive e-mail notices of breaking/updated news: Join our mailing list.
We welcome your comments.
All comments are reviewed by a moderator before they are posted to the site, which may take a day depending upon when the comment is originally generated. Post comments that are relevant to the topic only once. Duplicates will be deleted.
We uphold the rights of free speech and will strive to approve all comments unless they violate one of the following guidelines:
- Profane or obscene language; labels that reference body parts; abusive, vulgar, offensive, harassing or threatening language is never allowed.
- Racial epithets or racial slurs commonly considered to be intentionally offensive whether derogatory, pejorative, or insulting will be deleted. A second offense by the same user will cause a user to be banned.
- Libelous comments will be deleted.
- Comments not on the topic of the posted story will be deleted as irrelevant.
- Personal attacks on Inside staff or others who comment are not allowed and will be deleted. A user can be banned from posting comments for violating this guideline.
- Comments that include personally identifiable information such as home address, home or cell phone number or personal e-mail address will be deleted.
- Comments submitted by people using obviously fake names will be deleted.
- Anonymous comments will be deleted.
- Advertising of goods or services is not allowed by any means including embedding links in your comment.
All comments get reviewed and the decision of the moderator is final.
Comment rules are subject to change without notice.