We have consolidated all of our University news sources into one location called BingUNews. Inside stories published through 2016 will remain available here. Stories published in 2017 and later will be found at BingUNews. Enjoy!
Alumni Association accepting award nominations
March 24, 2011Tweet
This fall, the Alumni Association plans to honor some of Binghamton University’s most accomplished graduates through its Special Recognition Awards Program. If you know of a graduate who has excelled in service to his or her profession, community, or the University, submit your nominations online by June 1. Each nomination should include a statement explaining why the candidate is worthy of an award. The Alumni Association will invite recipients back to campus for an awards ceremony in the fall. You can find out more about the program and make a nomination by visiting the “About Us” section at binghamton.edu/alumni.
Awards to be presented:
* The Edward Weisband Distinguished Alumnus/a Award for Public Service or Contribution to Public Affairs recognizes one graduate each year whose life, work, career and contributions exemplify the highest standards of public service and deepest dedication to public affairs and sustenance of the common good at home and abroad.
* The Glenn G. Bartle Distinguished Alumnus Award recognizes and honors a graduate who has distinguished himself or herself since graduating from the University and serves as a memorial to Dr. Glenn G. Bartle, first president of Harpur College. The award honors alumni who have served Binghamton University through the Alumni Association and the Foundation while also serving their communities, careers and country.
* The Lois B. DeFleur Distinguished Young Alumni Award - which will be presented for the first time this year - recognizes established and future leaders among Binghamton University’s young alumni, defined as those who have held alumni status for five years or fewer. Standards for recognition include demonstrated leadership capability, substantial indication of a commitment to the service of others, demonstration of potential for leadership in the long term, and substantial commitment to the University and the Alumni Association.
* The Alumni Admissions Volunteer Recognition Award honors a graduate who has served the Office of Undergraduate Admissions by helping to recruit students.
* The Alumni Association Special Recognition Award recognizes both graduates and friends of the University for their efforts to enhance the Alumni Association.
* The Distinguished Service Award is given in recognition of a non-graduate whose life and significant achievements serve as examples of the University’s aspirations for its students.