Harpur College dean search launched
November 16, 2012Tweet
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs Donald Nieman has convened a search committee to permanently fill the position of dean of Harpur College of Arts and Sciences. Upinder Dhillon, dean of the School of Management, will chair the committee, which includes nine faculty members — five chosen by the Faculty Senate Executive Committee and four chosen by Nieman, who also selected five non-faculty members to serve.
The committee includes:
• Ariana Gerstein, associate professor and chair, Department of Cinema
• Fernando Guzman, professor and chair, Department of Mathematical Sciences
• J. David Hacker, associate professor of history
• Peter Knuepfer, associate professor and director, Environmental Studies Program
• Karin Sauer, associate professor, Department of Biological Sciences
• Susan Strehle, distinguished service professor of English and chair, Faculty Senate
• Nancy Um, associate professor of art history
• Susan Wolcott, associate professor and chair, Department of Economics
• Michael West, professor of Africana studies and sociology
• Steven Bloom, ‘78, vice chair, Binghamton University Foundation Board of Directors
• Lenny Simmons, philosophy major and founder of TEDx Binghamton
• Melissa Morales, PhD student in the Behavioral Neuroscience Program
• Kendra Hansen, Department of Asian and Asian American Studies and the Institute for Advanced Studies in the Humanities
• Larry Greenfield, director, Harpur College Academic Advising
The committee is working with the search firm Storbeck/Pimentel & Associates, LLC. The position announcement and profile of the University, Harpur College and the position are available on the Web.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. It’s expected that a permanent appointment will be made in mid-spring.