Homecoming to be a celebration for the campus community
September 11, 2012Tweet
Homecoming 2012, sponsored by the Binghamton University Alumni Association, will take place on campus Friday-Sunday, Oct. 12-14. Faculty, staff and students are invited to join alumni for a wide range of activities during the weekend that will celebrate Binghamton’s past, present and future.
The weekend’s signature events include:
• A mixer for alumni who are faculty or staff members, to be held Friday 5-6 p.m., in the Events Center’s TAU Bearcat Room. More than 600 alumni work on campus; this will be a great opportunity to meet alumni colleagues.
• Late Nite Madness, which showcases the men’s and women’s Bearcat basketball teams and spirit squads, will be held at 8 p.m. Friday, at the Events Center.
• On Saturday at 2 p.m., Harpur College will celebrate the opening of its new Quad and Wall of Excellence. This location on campus will pay tribute to Harpur’s significant role in the history of Binghamton University.
• Tailgate ’12 will be from 4 to 7 p.m., outside the Events Center. Bring your grills, food and beverages to this tailgate party, which attracts more than 1,000 people each year. It’s the place to see everyone who has come back for the weekend.
• The men’s soccer team will play against the University of Vermont at 7 p.m., in the Bearcats Sports Complex. Each year, the Homecoming soccer game sells out, so tickets should be purchased as early as possible.
• On Sunday at 11 a.m., the Kristen Faust ’00 Inspirational 5K Run/Walk will start at the East Gym Fields. This event, held in memory of a University senior counselor, raises money for an endowed scholarship fund.
To see the full schedule of events and register now, visit homecoming.binghamton.edu. If you have questions, contact the Alumni Relations office at 607-777-2424.