Road Map committee develops performance measures
March 20, 2014Tweet
As the April 7 deadline approaches for Road Map proposals, the Road Map Steering Committee is continuing to refine key performance metrics to assess progress on Binghamton University’s Road Map to Premier. Key performance metrics are under development by the steering committee’s five subcommittees; each subcommittee is responsible for monitoring one of the Road Map’s five strategic priorities.
Updates on the metrics were given to the full Road Map Steering Committee at its quarterly meeting in March. As the metrics – still in the development stage – were presented, President Harvey Stenger asked the Steering Committee to consider a number of questions. “Are the metrics good ones? Are they measurable? Are there enough of them? Is anything missing? Do we need to remove any?” he asked. “I’ve watched them evolve and think we’re close, but I don’t want to be the only one to make the final determination.”
Members of each strategic priority subcommittee are currently critiquing the proposed leading and lagging indicators for other subcommittees before they are finalized.
While metrics are finalized, proposals for funding for the 2015-2016 academic year are due. Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost Donald Nieman presented the proposal timeline to the steering committee.
“We’re looking forward to allocating new resources that are being generated by NYSUNY 2020 for the 2015-16 budget cycle,” Nieman said. “This process really opens up our allocation process to the entire campus community. Anyone can submit projects on the website through April 7.”
• Through April 7: Submit proposals online
• April 10: Proposals will be assigned to senior officers
• April 11-May 9: Proposals will be refined by senior officers with assistance by the Road Map interns
• May 12-16: Proposals will be reviewed by the Faculty Senate Budget Committee
• May 16-June 2: Proposals will be scored by the Road Map Steering Committee
• June 12: Deliberations at the Steering Committee retreat
• July 10: Announcement by President Harvey Stenger of proposals to be funded
Find additional information on Binghamton University’s Road Map to Premier online.