University community to celebrate Homecoming this weekendTweet
Homecoming 2013, sponsored by the Binghamton University Alumni Association, will take place on campus Friday to Sunday, Oct. 11-13. Alumni, faculty, staff, students and the local community are welcome to participate in a wide range of activities that will celebrate Binghamton’s past, present and future. Homecoming, held each fall, is the largest on-campus alumni event of the year, attracting nearly 1,000 Binghamton graduates and their families.
The weekend’s signature events include:
· BU Basketball Showcase, an event for the men’s and women’s Bearcat basketball teams and spirit squads, will be held at 7 p.m. Friday, at the Events Center. Admission is free. The first 1,500 fans to arrive will receive a free Late Nite Madness T-shirt.
· On Saturday at 1:30 p.m., President Harvey Stenger will speak to the University community in LH-14 about Road Map to Premier – the University’s strategic plan for continued growth and progress. At 2 p.m., Anne McCall, the new dean of Harpur College of Arts and Sciences, will host an open house at her office on the second floor of the Bartle Library tower.
· Tailgate ’13 – the largest event of the weekend – will be held Saturday from 3-6 p.m., outside the Events Center. Bring your grills, food and beverages to this tailgate party, which attracts more than 1,000 people each year.
· Afterward, the men’s soccer team will host the University of Massachusetts - Lowell at 6 p.m., in the Bearcats Sports Complex. Each year, the Homecoming soccer game sells out, so tickets should be purchased from the Athletics Box Office as early as possible.
· The women’s volleyball team will have two home matches during Homecoming weekend: Friday at 5 p.m. against Stony Brook University, and Saturday at 4 p.m. against the University of Maryland - Baltimore County.
· Harpur’s Ferry student-run ambulance service and the Class of 1973 will have 40th anniversary celebrations, and the swimming/diving team will have reunion gatherings during Homecoming 2013.
· Alumni who graduated within the last 10 years are welcome to attend the Bearcats of the Last Decade (BOLD) Mixer to be held Saturday night in downtown Binghamton.
· In addition, there will be several events during the weekend at which current students can network with alumni who work in a variety of career fields.
To see the full schedule of events and to register by the Oct. 4 deadline, visit http://homecoming.binghamton.edu If yo.u have any questions, contact the Alumni Relations office at 607-777-2424.