We have consolidated all of our University news sources into one location called BingUNews. Inside stories published through 2016 will remain available here. Stories published in 2017 and later will be found at BingUNews. Enjoy!
University community to celebrate Homecoming this weekend
September 25, 2013Tweet
Homecoming 2013, sponsored by the Binghamton University Alumni Association, will take place on campus Friday to Sunday, Oct. 11-13. Alumni, faculty, staff, students and the local community are welcome to participate in a wide range of activities that will celebrate Binghamton’s past, present and future. Homecoming, held each fall, is the largest on-campus alumni event of the year, attracting nearly 1,000 Binghamton graduates and their families.
The weekend’s signature events include:
· BU Basketball Showcase, an event for the men’s and women’s Bearcat basketball teams and spirit squads, will be held at 7 p.m. Friday, at the Events Center. Admission is free. The first 1,500 fans to arrive will receive a free Late Nite Madness T-shirt.
· On Saturday at 1:30 p.m., President Harvey Stenger will speak to the University community in LH-14 about Road Map to Premier – the University’s strategic plan for continued growth and progress. At 2 p.m., Anne McCall, the new dean of Harpur College of Arts and Sciences, will host an open house at her office on the second floor of the Bartle Library tower.
· Tailgate ’13 – the largest event of the weekend – will be held Saturday from 3-6 p.m., outside the Events Center. Bring your grills, food and beverages to this tailgate party, which attracts more than 1,000 people each year.
· Afterward, the men’s soccer team will host the University of Massachusetts - Lowell at 6 p.m., in the Bearcats Sports Complex. Each year, the Homecoming soccer game sells out, so tickets should be purchased from the Athletics Box Office as early as possible.
· The women’s volleyball team will have two home matches during Homecoming weekend: Friday at 5 p.m. against Stony Brook University, and Saturday at 4 p.m. against the University of Maryland - Baltimore County.
· Harpur’s Ferry student-run ambulance service and the Class of 1973 will have 40th anniversary celebrations, and the swimming/diving team will have reunion gatherings during Homecoming 2013.
· Alumni who graduated within the last 10 years are welcome to attend the Bearcats of the Last Decade (BOLD) Mixer to be held Saturday night in downtown Binghamton.
· In addition, there will be several events during the weekend at which current students can network with alumni who work in a variety of career fields.
To see the full schedule of events and to register by the Oct. 4 deadline, visit http://homecoming.binghamton.edu. If you have any questions, contact the Alumni Relations office at 607-777-2424.