The Office of Research Advancement took home top honors from two recent competitions. Rachel Coker, director of research advancement, works with Martha Terry, creative services manager, on Binghamton Research and Discover-e. Oren Levi, information services manager, provides technical support for Discover-e.
In the annual Awards for Excellence organized by the State University of New York Council for University Advancement (SUNYCUAD), Research Advancement received:
• Best of Category honors for Binghamton Research for Effective, Efficient and Elegant Publications.
• Best of Category recognition for Research Writing for Coker’s article “Spring Awakening.”
• A Judge’s Citation in Visual Design in Print for Martha Terry’s work on Binghamton Research.
• A Judge’s Citation for News/Media Relations Websites for Discover-e.
• A Judge’s Citation for Feature Writing for Coker’s article “A Piece of the Puzzle.”
In the annual Genesis contest organized by the Communications Association of the Southern Tier (CAST), Research Advancement received:
• Best in Show, Judge’s Choice and First Place in Feature Writing for Coker’s article “Blinded by Love.”
• First Place in Digital Newsletters for Discover-e.
• First Place in Print Periodicals for Binghamton Research.
• First Place in News Writing for Coker’s article “Spring Awakening.”
• Second Place in Self-Promotion for Binghamton Research.
• Second Place in Websites for Discover-e.
• Second Place in News Writing for Coker’s article “Digital Defenders.”
• Second Place in Feature Writing for Coker’s article “A Piece of the Puzzle.”