Avinash Reddy Mettu scales a climbing wall during Spring Fling 2016 in the Peace Quad on May 7.
Photo by Jonathan Cohen
June 20, 2016
The New York State Department of Civil Service Employee Benefits Division is conducting a Dependent Eligibility Verification Audit (DEVA). The contracted company that will contact enrollees is Health Management Systems, Inc. (HMS).
Family health plan enrollees will receive dependent audit instructions directly from HMS. During the period of July 5 to Aug. 19, 2016, you will be required to submit documentation verifying the eligibility of each of your dependents covered under the NYSHIP plan as of Jan. 1, 2016. Failure to provide sufficient proof of eligibility in a timely manner will result in the retroactive removal of the dependent back to Jan. 1, 2016.
If you successfully verified your dependent CHILD during the 2009 audit, you will not be required to provide proof for them again.
Initial notices were mailed to enrollees’ homes in December 2015. Additional notices with detailed instructions will be mailed directly to your home in early summer. Watch for these notices and be prepared to respond in a timely fashion.
Samples of enrollee communications and detailed information can be found on the NYSHIP website under the “Current Topics” section.
June 17, 2016
Work at the entrance circle is not expected to significantly affect traffic patterns. However, there may be occasional delays as materials or equipment are delivered. The projects are anticipated to wrap by the middle of August. Contact project coordinator Gary Bendert with any questions via e-mail or at 607-777-4715.
June 14, 2016
June 13, 2016
June 10, 2016
June 10, 2016
June 8, 2016
• Make sure your grill is in good working order and there are no leaks in your propane hoses and connections.
• Position your grill away from decks and siding and don’t place it under eaves.
• Do not grill indoors or under a tent due to potential for carbon monoxide build up.
• Keep children and pets away from the hot grill.
• If using charcoal, do not use lighter fluid on already hot or lit coals. This can cause a flash fire and serious burns. Light the charcoal using a long match or mechanical device used for lighting grills.
• When done using charcoal, let ash and remaining charcoal cool. Do not put ash or used charcoal into a garbage can or any combustible container.
• For gas grills, keep lid open when lighting. When done, turn off gas at the cylinder.
• Avoid storing gas cylinders indoors.
• Never leave a grill of any kind unattended.
• Always follow manufacturer’s instructions.
For more safe BBQ practices, go online.
June 7, 2016
Binghamton University’s assessment, which has 10 assessment areas including residence life, health and counseling services, human resources and personnel policies, and campus security, will be led over the summer by Kelly Clark, director of the new LGBTQ Center in the Division of Diversity Equity and Inclusion. Clark will call on different campus departments over the summer to answer questions and supply evidence to support the assessment. “While it will be great to be listed in the database alongside other institutions like Cornell University, more importantly, the index will provide us with an important benchmark from which to assess the success of the Center’s efforts over the next few years,” she said.
June 6, 2016
• Understanding Your Productivity Peaks
• Health benefits of Dog Ownership
• Awareness of Chronic Pain and Opioid Addiction
Also join EAP at one of our summer programs (Color Your Way to Calm June 15, 22, and 29, and EAP Supervisory Training – July 13). Details to follow on Dateline and UCTD.
June 6, 2016
June 6, 2016
June 3, 2016
June 2, 2016
June 1, 2016
May 31, 2016
Head Men’s Lacrosse Coach
Watson Computer and Laboratory Assistant
Academic Advisement Assistant