Registering For Classes
Students register for classes through an online system called “BU Brain”. It is very important that you meet with your academic or departmental advisor prior to using BU Brain. Your advisor will help you to understand which courses are best for your of study. You must also consult with the Director of the English as a Second Language Program before registering for any ESL courses.
- Remember that new students who have not complied with the mandated MMR and Meningitis requirements will be blocked from registering. Please contact the Decker Student Health Services Center if you have any questions or concerns regarding these health requirements.
BU Brain: http://bubrain.binghamton.edu/
- Contact your department for registration dates.
- Registration begins on Wednesday, Jan. 23, 2013.
- Registration begins on Thursday, Jan. 24, 2013. (if not attending Orientation).
- Go to BU Brain to check your registration start time. Click on the Student tab, select Registration, and then My Registration Status. Select Spring 2013 for the current term.
- The last day to add/drop classes is Friday, Feb 8, 2013 at 11:59 pm.
- Between Feb. 8, 2013 and April 5, 2013 (course withdrawal deadline), any dropped course will appear on your transcript with a notation of “W” (indicating a course “withdrawal”).
Grade Option changes
- Grade option changes can also be made online until April 5, 2013.
- Between Feb. 8, 2013- April 5, 2013, grade option changes can only be made by completing a paper form – the Grade Option Change form – found on the Registrar website: http://www2.binghamton.edu/registrar/. Go to Forms page. The completed form must be submitted to Student Records (Room SW-119).
IMPORTANT: To maintain your valid immigration status, international students must register for a full-time course load each semester.
- Make sure you are registered for enough courses to maintain valid immigration status as full-time after you drop a course.
- More information about full-time course registration is available on the ISSS website at http://www2.binghamton.edu/isss/Immigration/ruleftload.html. For a complete list of the rules for maintaining valid immigration status, read the Immigration Booklet and the ISSS website.
REMEMBER – It is essential to confirm enrollment via
BU Brain under the Start of Term tab, once you are registered for classes. If you do not confirm enrollment before the end of the first week of classes, your registration will be canceled.