International Student Orientation
For New Dual Diploma Students
~ Binghamton University International Student
If you are a Dual Diploma Student, your participation in Orientation is essential even if you have previously been a student at another US college or university. Each school has different policies, and it is essential that you attend the necessary meetings to help you register for appropriate courses. It is much easier to meet people and get things done before everyone gets busy with classes in the Fall semester.
Please note that the "New Student Fee" of $220that will be included on your student bill supports services and events for new students, including Orientation. The fee is charged to all Dual Diploma students in their initial semester. Your student bill will be issued after you register for courses.
In order to have a successful Orientation experience, please make sure to complete the following:
1. REGISTER FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ORIENTATION
- Step One: To register for Orientation you will need to know your "B number". If you do not know your "B number" go to http://www2.binghamton.edu/self-service. On this webpage, click on the text box, "BU BRAIN Self Service" and login with your BU user ID and password. Then, in the middle of the page, click on "What's My B-Number".
- Step Two: Register for International Student Orientation. This will take you to the "Register Now" web page. Complete the fields to create your own personal user account.
- Step Three: Once you create your account you can register for Orientation. You will find that many of the fields on the form are pre-filled with your personal information. If any of the information is not correct, please email email@example.com to request that a correction be made to your information.
- Step Four: You will receive a confirmation e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org when you complete the registration process on-line. In the future you can log onto the system to view the status of your registration for Orientation, review Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and easily contact Orientation staff.
Family and Friends Traveling WithYou:
Your parents or guests are welcome to attend the first day of Orientation with you. You do not need to register them online. Upon your arrival at Check In, your guests will receive a program for the day and they are welcome to participate in the special events planned for students' families or guests.
Housing for family or friends traveling with you can be reserved at one of the hotels near campus. Reservations at local hotels need to be made early because many new students and their families will also be staying at local hotels during the Orientation period.
Visit the following link to find a complete list of hotels serving the Binghamton area: http://www.binghamton.edu/visiting-campus/lodging.html
If you are driving to campus, you will need to follow Binghamton University's parking policies. To request a parking pass for the first day of Orientation, email Katie Barvinchak, International Student Advisor, at email@example.com by August 8th.
To park on-campus after the first day of Orientation you will need to make arrangements with Parking Services located on the ground floor of the Couper Administration Building. Visit their website for more information: http://parking.binghamton.edu/
To review all of the guidelines for parking on campus go to: