There are various university policies related to responding, reporting and addressing interpersonal violence.
For more information about the university response to concerns of interpersonal violence or any of the policies listed below, please contact the IVP office at 607-777-3062 by email at IVP@binghamton.edu.
Policy Statement on Discrimination and Harassment
It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide an educational and employment environment free from all forms of intimidation, hostility, offensive behavior, and discrimination, including sexual harassment. Any violations of this university policy may result in disciplinary action including termination/expulsion
Student Code of Conduct
The Student Code of Conduct provides a list of university rules that all University students must adhere to. The Student Conduct Office works with students who would like to report violations of university policies and code regulations. The Student Conduct Office conducts investigations, determines responsibility and implements sanctions as appropriate.
Additional University Policies can be found below:
- Faculty Handbook
- Emergency Preparedness Procedures
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
- Domestic Violence and the Workplace Policy
- Harassment Policy
- Human Resources Workplace Violence Prevention
- University Ombudsman Charter Agreement for the Office of the University Ombudsman
- Rules for the Maintenance of Public Order
- Campus Crime Reporting and Statistics
- Sexual Assault Protocol
- Student Handbook