A combination of resources is available to help students pay for their education. Prospective and current students should explore all possible sources of funding. Financial aid is offered to supplement the family's maximum financial effort.
Financial aid consists of funds from federal, state, University and private organization sources in the form of grants, scholarships, loans and part-time employment. Funds are used for educational expenses, such as tuition, fees, housing, meals, books, transportation and miscellaneous personal expenses. Grants and scholarships are “free” funds. Loans must be repaid. Students earn wages from part-time employment. If you are interested in receiving financial aid, you should apply each year.
Types of Aid
- Student Employment
- Study Abroad
- Summer/Winter Sessions
- Special Circumstances
For more information contact the BU Office of Financial Aid at: http://www.binghamton.edu/financial-aid/.
For Financial Aid Forms: http://binghamton.edu/financial-aid/resources/forms.html
SELECTED FUNDING SOURCES
Scholarships for Students of Color:
- Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute: chci.org
- Hispanic College Fund: hispanicfund.org
- Hispanic College Fund: free-4u.com
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund: hsf.net
- League of United Latin American Citizens: lulac.org
- View also: http://lulac.org/programs/education/scholarships/
- Minority Corporate Council Association: mcca.com
- View also: http://www.mcca.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=Page.viewPage&pageId=477
- Minority Scholarships Guide: minority-scholarships-guide.com
- State Farm Hispanic Scholarship Fund: statefarm.com