Technical Services Student Assistant - Science Library (Undergraduate)- Fall, 2014
You must have Federal Work Study funding to apply for this job
- Shelving various library materials
- Retrieving materials from stacks for processing
- Scanning and processing materials through resource sharing software
- Shelf reading and straightening
- Preparing, shelving, and withdrawing map room materials
- Processing and shelving current periodicals
- Recording Statistics and Status Reports
- Providing assistance in various other library functions as needed
Skills: Must be reliable, punctual, detailed-oriented, and accurate, with ability to learn appropriate computer technology. Some technical training will be provided, but a prior working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is preferred. Must be able to climb step stool, bend, stretch, squat, lift, and push loaded book trucks.
Hours: Approx. 5-7 hours per week; scheduled during Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.