Laptop, netbooks & iPads Lending
Patron Responsibilities and Loan Period
- See complete program guidelines
- Physical care of mobile devices and all peripherals
- Patron must sign a Laptop, netbook & iPad Lending Agreement
- Laptop, netbook & iPads loan period is three hours, or until one-half hour before
service desk closes.
(All devices MUST be returned 30 minutes prior to the desk closing. Overdue fines are $.25 per minute.
- Laptops may be used in Libraries only.
(Devices checked out in Bartle Library must be used in Bartle Library; devices checked out in the Science Library must be used in the Science Library; devices checked out in the UDC must be used in the UDC)
Saving your work: IMPORTANT! Material saved on the hard drive or desktop WILL BE LOST when the device is shut down or loses power for any reason. Please save your work early and often.
If you wish to save your work to a permanent location, you may do so by
- Saving to your personal USB flash memory drive (laptops and netbooks only)
- Saving to your H: drive server space (laptops and netbooks only)
(See instructions on verifying your H drive connection)
- E-mailing your work as an attachment
Printing is available in the Information Commons in Bartle, Science and University Downtown Center (UDC) Libraries. Logon to a Print Station using your PODS Account to retrieve your printed pages.
Peripherals & Accessories
Laptop case, mouse, network cable, power cord
BU LIBRARIES LAPTOP, NETBOOK & iPAD LENDING AGREEMENT
PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE MOBILE DEVICES UNATTENDED
Laptops, netbooks & iPads must be used in the library only.
(Mobile devices checked out in Bartle must be used in Bartle; mobile devices checked out in the Science Library must be used in the Science Library).
By borrowing this library owned device, I accept responsibility for its security.
I understand that I will be responsible for the replacement fee (which may be up to $2200.00) if the mobile device is lost or stolen while checked out to me. I agree that I am responsible for the security of any peripherals (mouse, connector cord, power cord, carrying case) checked out along with the device. Replacement fees for each peripheral vary.