Group Study Room Policies
- Only current BU students, faculty and staff can reserve group study rooms. Group study rooms are primarily for use of BU students to meet their study needs.
- Groups must have at least two people actively using the room; reservations may not be made for one person.
- When not reserved or occupied, group study rooms are open on a first-come, first-served basis.
- For safety and security purposes, study-room windows may not be covered or blocked.
- No smoking or food allowed. See Library Policies.
- No sleeping or camping out in group study rooms.
- All drinks must be in a container with a lid. No appliances, heating or cooling devices. See Food & Drink Policy.
- Please show consideration by straightening the room and clearing all trash when vacating.
- Please do not remove furniture from the room.
- The third and fourth floors of the library are quiet study space, including the group study rooms. Respect others by keeping noise at a reasonable level.
- Group study rooms are intended for collaborative study and research, not for general activities, parties, or business meetings.
- Library users are responsible for their personal property at all times and should never leave personal belongings unattended. The Libraries are not liable for loss or damage to personal property.
All library patrons are expected to comply with Library Policies. Any failure to comply with Library Policies could result in temporary or permanent suspension of group study room privileges. Please direct any questions or concerns to the library service desk at 607.777.2194.