Professional and Academic Advisers
A team of people within the department and across the campus guides students in the development of their intellectual life and prepares them to contribute constructively to a world that is rapidly changing and increasingly interdependent.
Within the Department
- Department Chair - Ron N. Miles
- Department Undergraduate Adviser - Peter Huang
- Department Graduate Adviser - Timothy Singler
Within the School
- Watson Advising Office - Engineering Building, M Pod
- Watson School Coordinator of Graduate Programs - Engineering Building, M Pod
Across the University
- Career Development Center (CDC) - a great source for skills and competencies needed for career success, to explore careers and to gain professional employment or admission to graduate and professional school
- Office of the Dean of Students - supporting students having difficulties due to reasons beyond their control, whether due to medical, emotional, situational or psychological issues. The dean can connect students to various networks of support and resources to aid in the pursuit of a successful academic career.
- Office of International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) - meeting the needs of entering international students, currently enrolled international students, and international scholars and alumni
- Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD) - providing a wide range of assistance to enrolled students with physical, learning or other disabilities
- Office of the Ombudsman - provides confidential, impartial and informal assistance to all members of the University. The Ombudsman will listen to you, discuss your concerns, answer your questions, explain University policies, provide information and referrals, and help you develop options for resolving problems. A good first step when you don't know where else to turn.