Binghamton University Campus Recreation Open House
BINGHAMTON, NY – Binghamton University’s Office of Campus Recreation will host an open house of the newly renovated Recreation Center from 10am-2pm Saturday, June 1 at the East Gym on campus.
This event, which is free and open to the public, will offer attendees a chance to tour the new facility and meet with personal trainers. Guests will also be provided with complete access to the fitness center (Fitspace), group fitness classes, pool and the courts. No membership is needed, but photo ID is required. The first 25 guests will receive a complementary water bottle.
This summer, Community and Affiliate all-inclusive Recreation Center memberships will include a parking pass for Lot E (located in front of the East Gym). Discounted rates of $150 for Community memberships and $110 for Affiliate memberships are available through July 12. A special all-inclusive membership rate for local colleges students is also being offered.
The East Gym recently underwent a $14 million renovation, which transformed the 1950's space into a contemporary Recreation Center. The facility now includes:
- A renovated and expanded 10,000 square foot fitness center, FitSpace, with all new equipment including 64 cardio stations and 70+ strength training stations
- Three renovated multipurpose rooms which hold over 100 group fitness classes each week during the academic year
- Improvements to the court area including a state-of-the-art gym floor
- Renovated pool and locker rooms
- A new, dedicated wellness services suite which offers massage, nutrition services and personal training
For more information about the facility, hours, and open house or to purchase a membership, call the Front Desk at (607) 777-PLAY or visit play.binghamton.edu.