Four scholar-athletes win SUNY recognition
Four Binghamton University student-athletes have been selected by SUNY Chancellor John R. Ryan as recipients of the 2006-07 Scholar-Athlete Award, which recognizes a combination of academic excellence and outstanding athletic achievement at the Division I, Division III and NJCAA levels.
Brendon Hitchcock, baseball; Lya Kushnirovich, tennis; David Holmes, swimming; and Rory Quiller, track, are among the 78 student-athletes from 28 campuses who showcase outstanding accomplishments in the classroom and on the playing surface, combining for an average 3.64 GPA.
Scholar Athletes are selected by the athletic directors at each level of play.
Graduate student honored
Guruprasad Madhavan, graduate research assistant in the Clinical Science and Engineering Research Center and a Ph.D. candidate in bioengineering, received the Young Technologist of the Year Award at a banquet for the Technology Alliance of Central New York this month in Syracuse.
Summer schedule set for East Gym and pool
East Gym hours for Monday-Friday, May 21-25 are:
- Building and FitSpace - 6-9 a.m./11 a.m.-2 p.m./4-6 p.m. (M-F)
- Lap/circle swim - 7-9 a.m./noon-2 p.m. (M-F)
- Recreation basketball/volleyball/badminton - 11 a.m.-2 p.m./4-6 p.m. (M-F).
The East Gym will be closed Saturday, May 26 through Monday, May 28 for the Memorial Day Weekend.
Term I Summer Session Hours:
- East Gym Building and FitSpace - 6 a..m.-7 p.m. (M-F), 11 a.m.-3 p.m. (S&S)
- Lap/circle swim - Monday-Friday 7-9 a.m. and noon-2 p.m. (M-F only)
- Recreation swim - 3-6 p.m. (M-F), 11 a.m.-2 p.m. (S&S)
- Recreation basketball - 11 a.m.-7 p.m. (M-F) and 11 a.m.-3 p.m. (S&S)
- Recreation volleyball/badminton - 11 a.m.-7 p.m. (Mon/Thur/Fri), 11 a.m.-4:30 p.m. (Tue/Wed), 11 a.m.-3 p.m. (S&S).
For more information, visit http://campusrecreation.binghamton.edu.