Binghamton University is one of America's premier public universities. We attract outstanding students and award-winning faculty who are partners in active discovery — we don't collect knowledge, we create it.
Facts and Figures of Binghamton University:
- The Fiske Guide to Colleges (2013) recognizes Binghamton as one of the "premier public universities in the northeast" and ranks it a "best buy."
- Binghamton's School of Management is ranked 25th in the nation among public institutions by Bloomberg BusinessWeek.
- The on-campus Nature Preserve boasts 190 acres of protected forest and wetlands with hiking/biking/running trails and a six-acre pond.
- The spacious Anderson Center for the Performing Arts showcases a "transforming," 1,200-seat theater with a retractable rear wall for lawn seating and is celebrating its 25th anniversary season.
- There are more than 100,000 Binghamton alumni spread across all 50 states and around the world.
Travel to Binghamton:
- Directions and Campus Map
- How to Obtain a Student VISA
- Local Weather
- Bus Arrangement for New Students: DDP Office will make arrangements for buses from JFK to Binghamton for new students. Details will be posted on this site closer to the travel dates.
Greater Binghamton Region:
Nestled at the junction of the Susquehanna and Chenango rivers, the Greater Binghamton region, near the Pennsylvania border and home to a quarter million people, is rich in scenic beauty. It's a safe, friendly and affordable community that offers countless outdoor recreational and cultural opportunities, along with coffee houses, concerts, restaurants and shopping malls. While enjoying the comfort and ease of living in a cozy town, you will also appreciate the easy access to New York City and other major metropolitan areas.
- Facilities in Binghamton Community
- What to see and do
- You can fly to-and-from the Greater Binghamton Airport (BGM), located 20 minutes from Binghamton University
- ESCAPE (student run bus charter company) to New York City over weekends
Travel to New York City and other major metropolitan areas:
- By bus: Greyhound, ShortLine, Megabua, and Shafer Bus
- Rent a car: Enterprise, Budget, Herz, and Avis