Binghamton University Programs Only

Things To Do Before You Leave on Binghamton University Study Abroad Programs

bullet pointApply for a passport immediately if you do not have a passport or if your passport will expire within 9 months of the end of your program.

bullet pointNotify the office of international education at your home campus of your study abroad plans. There may be additional paperwork to complete.

bullet pointConsult with the academic advising office of your college for approval of credit toward your school’s degree requirements.

bullet pointConsult with the appropriate department(s) if you want major or minor credit.

bullet pointConsult with the financial aid office at your home campus if you regularly receive aid.

bullet pointClear all outstanding debts and delinquencies at your home campus (library, parking, Student Accounts, etc.).

Finally, you must complete the Pre-Departure Forms that will be sent to you after you are accepted into a program. This applies to Binghamton Students, Students from SUNY-schools other than Binghamton, and Visiting/non-SUNY Students. Your place in our Study Abroad Programs will not be reserved unless you fill out and return these forms, so please pay attention to your email when preparing for study abroad. 

Last Updated: 8/19/14