Public Archaeology Facility: Mission
At PAF, we are committed to assisting our clients with their CRM needs while providing high quality prehistoric and historic surveys and research. Our mission includes a combination of compliance, research, education, and outreach:
- Provide federal, state, local, and private groups within the Eastern US with professional archaeological surveys in compliance with all applicable state and federal legislation.
- Produce scholarly research that enhances the professional visibility of our staff, faculty, students, and university within the local community, region, and nation.
- Train archaeologists (undergraduates and graduates) to be field and research specialists within a cultural resource management (CRM) framework.
- Offer an opportunity for training and support to individuals interested in CRM as a career or as an enhancement to an academic career.
- Practice "Public Archaeology" through community programs, Native American collaborations, and preservation initiatives.