Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning & Refridgeration
The Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning & Refrigeration (HVAC-R) Department maintains building heating and cooling equipment.
Examples of non-chargeable services provided by HVAC are:
- Replace air handler filters
- Perform preventative maintenance on HVAC related equipment
- Control air flow distribution, temperature analysis and balancing
- Repair and replace air handlers, exhaust fans and hoods
- Fabricate sheet metal for ducts, vents and flashing (not associated with renovations)
- Maintain compressors and vacuum pumps integral to the building operating system
- Maintain and repair evaporative coolers and air conditioning equipment
- Repair "constant temperature rooms"
- Maintain water fountains
Chargeable services are offered, as requested, for non-facility equipment (costs include disposal of equipment containing refrigerant).
These include departmental equipment that supports research, academic or administrative functions, such as:
- Window air conditioning units are Group 3 equipment. As such, the installation, routine maintenance, and replacement of such units are chargeable to the requesting department.
- Repair of freeze dryers and centrifuges
- Ice Makers
- Glass washers
- Other sterilizers
- Any remodeling/renovation work
It is important to recognize that there is special departmental equipment that requires outside contracting repairs. In these cases Physical Facilities may not have the tools, equipment, specialized technicians, or the state licenses to perform the work. Example: Ultra low scientific equipment.
Contact Charles Paffie with any questions at 777-2019.