Synthetic Turf Field Construction Begins May 20
Construction of a synthetic turf field on the east fields adjacent to Bartle Drive will begin Wednesday, May 20. The contractor will be accessing the site from Bartle Drive though impact on outgoing traffic is anticipated to be minimal. The project will be complete at the end of August. Contact Jennifer Bourassa with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 777-5047. More information about the project is posted on the construction news page.
The contractor for this project has revised the schedule and plans to start work on Monday, June 1. A sanitary line will be installed from the McGuire Building across Bunn Hill Access Road to Central Heating Plant parking lot. During the work, water service will not be available for the McGuire Building. McGuire occupants should use restroom facilities in Physical Facilities during this time. Traffic will be reduced to one lane each direction on Bunn Hill Access Road. Traffic changes may take place during trenching operations and drivers should follow lane closure signs and direction from flag persons. The work is expected to take seven to ten days, weather permitting. Contact project coordinator Don Whittemore with any questions at email@example.com or 777-5464.
Schedule Change-Plaza Deck Loading Dock Cleaning and Painting June 2
The Plaza Deck loading dock/parking area will be closed for cleaning and painting from 5 a.m. to noon on Tuesday, June 2. Those who normally park in the loading dock area may use the metered spaces in parking lot Q2 throughout the day. No tickets will be issued. During this time, deliveries to the University Union loading dock may be made via access between the University Union and Engineering Building. Contact Sue Crane with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 77-6817.
Rafuse Rear Exit Door Closed May 26-May 29
The rear exit door off the Rafuse great room will be closed from Tuesday, May 26 trough Friday, May 29 to apply fire proofing to steel beams. Contact project coordinator Gregg Konnick with any questions at email@example.com or 777-2598.
Old O'Connor Furniture Deliveries- Closure of Lot T-1 May 16-July 11
A series of furniture deliveries will be made to Old O'Connor Hall in the coming weeks. From Saturday, May 16 through Saturday, July 11 parking lot T-1 will be closed so that tractor trailers will have room to make deliveries and staff can move in to renovated spaces. Contact project coordinator Renee Andrews with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 777-3317.
Lecture Hall/Student Wing Air Conditioning Shutdown May 18-May 22
There will be a shutdown of air conditioning service to the Lecture Hall/Student Wing from Monday, May 18 through Friday, May 22. The shutdown is needed to upgrade electrical panels. Contact project coordinator Mo Afify at email@example.com or 777-2828.
High Temperature Hot Water Shutdown May 17- May 22
The annual shutdown of the campus high temperature hot water system, which will affect heat, hot water, steam and air conditioning services in several buildings, will take place beginning Sunday, May 17 following Commencement activities through Friday, May 22.
The High Temperature Hot Water System(HTHW) provides heat and domestic hot water to 65% of the campus buildings. The annual shutdown is needed to provide vital preventive maintenance to avoid emergency breaks and shutdowns. Because of this maintenance, the system has an excellent reliability history and is efficient and safe. For more information about why the shutdown takes place and the work accomplished during the shutdown click here.
The following buildings and services are affected:
· Academic Complex (A&B)- no heat
· Administration Building- no heat, no hot water, no air conditioning
· Anderson Center- no heat or hot water
· Campus Pre School- no heat
· Chenango Champlain Collegiate Center (C4)- no heat or hot water
· Computer Center- no heat
· Dickinson Community (Digman, Johnson, O'Connor, Rafuse)- no heat, no hot water
· Engineering Building- no heat, no hot water
· Events Center- no heat, no hot water
· Fine Arts- no heat, no hot water
· Garage- no heat, no hot water
· Gyms (East and West)- no heat, no hot water
· Institute for Child Development- no heat
· Lecture Hall and Student Wing- no heat, no hot water
· Library- no heat, no hot water
· Newing Community(Broome, Bingham, Delaware, Endicott) - no heat, no hot water
· Physical Facilities- no heat, no hot water
· Science I- no heat, no hot water
· Science II- no heat, no hot water
· Science III & Greenhouse- no heat, no hot water, no cage washer
· Science IV- no heat, no hot water, no cage washer
· Science Library and classroom addition- no heat
· Science V-no steam for cage washer
Contact Chuck Paffie with any questions at 777-2019.
Department Moves- Women and Gender Studies/Harpur Dean's Office/Writing Initiative
Several departments will be relocating to the Library second floor during the week of May 25. Moves are scheduled in the following sequence:
- May 26 - Women and Gender studies will move from Old Rafuse to the second floor of the Library. A truck will back up along the sidewalk of Rafuse and drive to the door at the basement of the Library (under the bridge). The truck will be a small pack van - approx. 20-22' feet long.
- May 27-May 28- Harpur Dean's office will be relocating from the Computer Center 3 floor to the second floor of the Library. The moving contractor will load the truck at the Engineering Building dock and drive over to the Library ground floor (under the bridge) for delivery to the Library.
- May 29- Writing Initiative will be relocating from Academic A to the second floor of the Library. The truck will park at the end of the sidewalk of Academic A and load from there. Contact Michele Deskin with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 777-5204.
University Union Walk-in Cooler Installation
Work will take place near the University Union loading dock in rooms 175, 176 and 176A to allow for installation of a walk-in cooler. The work is expected to begin the week of May 18 and take about two months to complete. Contact project coordinator Jim Barnum with any questions at email@example.com or 777-6014.
C4 Can Washing Station Installation
Work to install a can washing station in the dish room of C4 will take place beginning the week of May 18. The work will take about a month to complete. Contact project coordinator Jim Barnum with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 777-6014.
Science I Office Renovation May 4-May 29
Work to renovate/expand an office space in Science 1 will begin Monday, May 4. The work involves abating floor tiles, removing/demo or a masonry wall and will be taking place in room 150A and some adjacent areas. The project coordinator will be working with the contractor regarding scheduling disruptive work since a lecture hall is close by. There are times the contractor may work after hours (5 p.m. to 8 p.m.).The project is expected to be complete Friday, May 29. Contact Anthony Citriniti with any questions at email@example.com or 777-6015.