Operation Clean Up
This is the time of year Physical Facilities reaches out to the campus community to make a special effort to assist any departments/areas dispose of unwanted/obsolete equipment, files or other items. Operation Clean Up will take place on Friday, January 10, 2014. Physical Facilities will support this effort with extra dumpsters, recycling receptacles or confidential shred bins. Please follow the guidelines below so we can meet your needs during this effort.
- A service request for disposal of all equipment should be submitted to the Customer Service Center by Monday January 6, 2014. Please enter on the service request "Operation Clean Up" so that it can be processed appropriately. The service request should be specific as to the building, description of material and location where it should be picked up. Please be sure to note any utility disconnects that may be needed for removing some equipment. For those submitting via the web form, please include "Operation Clean Up" in your description line.
- Material and equipment needing disposal will need to be appropriately tagged as trash and moved to the loading dock (preferably) just prior to January 16th or at least into the hallway that morning. If you have exceptionally heavy equipment, please note that in your service so that our expeditors can be scheduled to assist.
- Chemicals or equipment that may contain hazardous materials will require clearance by Environmental Health and Safety and special handling. Please include a completed copy of the Laboratory Equipment Decommissioning Procedure form with your request. The form can be found here.
- If you are disposing of equipment that has been tagged by the University's inventory process, you will need to fill out a Form A and list all of the equipment on it so that the University's property disposal coordinator can complete the appropriate paperwork to remove it from the inventory. Information about this process, along with Form A can be found on the Property Control website.
- Please be sure to properly dispose of confidential information by using the confidential shred bins. If you need additional bins, include that information on your service request.