Physical Facilities Summer Student Hiring Program
Physical Facilities is now accepting applications for potential job openings in its Summer Student Hiring Program.
Interested students should apply here.
- Employment begins Wednesday, May 22 and continues through Friday, August 16.
- For more information regarding the program, instructions and/or to complete the application process, visit the Human Resources website.
- Questions regarding this program should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary is $7.75 per hour and up depending on position. Please do not call to inquire on the status of your application; all applicants selected will be contacted via e-mail.
The following is a brief description of potential openings:
- Customer Service Center/Business Office: Assists staff with answering phones, light typing, some data entry, filing, copying, running errands, mail (distributing and sorting), office coverage (phones) during lunch hours, etc.
- Custodial: Moving furniture for cleaning, washing windows, sweeping and assisting with general Residence Hall cleaning tasks.
- Grounds: Assists in planting, raking, hand mowing, trimming, and general grounds work.
- Electrical: Assists in the testing of fire alarm systems in res halls by manually setting off heat and smoke detectors, recording performance, and resetting system.
- HVAC(Heating, ventilation, air conditioning): Assists in cleaning fin tube radiation and going for tools and materials.
- Painting: Positions within the Paint Shop will only be open to returning students with a satisfactory employment evaluation.
- Warehouse: Assists in Central Receiving and Warehouse delivery work.