There are several special programs available to pre-health students within Harpur College. Some of these are internal to Binghamton University, while others involve an articulation agreement with another university. Most require that you be a sophomore or junior to participate; one admits second semester freshman.
- Binghamton University — SUNY Upstate Medical University Early Assurance Program
Binghamton University — SUNY Buffalo School of Dental Medicine Early Assurance Program
Binghamton University — SUNY Optometry Joint Degree Program (this is the exception mentioned above)
Additional information about the programs listed above can be obtained from the Freshman-Sophomore Handbook. Students interested in any of the three Early Assurance Programs should also read the instructional material contained in another section of this web page: Information for Applicants. Once you have read this information, you should pursue any questions you have with Linda Igo, the Pre-Health Secretary (email@example.com) or with Dr. W. Thomas Langhorne, the Pre-Health Advisor for juniors, seniors and alumni (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Harpur College Binghamton Area Physician Mentor Program: Pre-Med rising juniors are eligible to apply. Applications are due to Dr. W. Thomas Langhorne in Old Champlain Room G51 by June 15th. The program description and application can be found here.
- Harpur College Summer Physician Mentor Program: Current Binghamton University pre-medicine sophomores and juniors are eligible to
- More information about the Harpur College Summer Physician Mentor Program can be found here.
- The 2017 Application is due Friday, February 17, 2017 by 4 pm. Click here for the 2017 Application.
- Letters of Recommendation: Click here to download the letter of recommendation form. At least one of your references must be from a Binghamton University faculty member. The second reference may be from an academic advisor, a professor, a lecturer or a supervisor. Letters from relatives and undergraduate students are not acceptable. It is your responsibility to ensure references are sent to Michelle Jones in Old Champlain Room 110 by the application deadline.
- Read what current physician mentors and past student participants have to say about the program.
- Please contact Michelle Jones if you have any questions about the Harpur College Summer Physician Mentor Program.