There are several special programs available to pre-health students within Harpur College. Some of these are internal to Binghamton University, while others involve an articulation agreement with another university. Most require that you be a sophomore or junior to participate; one admits second semester freshman.
- Binghamton University — SUNY Upstate Medical University Early Assurance Program
Binghamton University — SUNY Buffalo School of Dental Medicine Early Assurance Program
Binghamton University — SUNY Optometry Joint Degree Program (this is the exception mentioned above)
Additional information about the programs listed above can be obtained from the Freshman-Sophomore Handbook. Students interested in any of the three Early Assurance Programs should also read the instructional material contained in another section of this web page: Information for Applicants. Once you have read this information, you should pursue any questions you have with Lynne Datto, the Pre-Health Secretary (email@example.com) or with Dr. W. Thomas Langhorne, the Pre-Health Advisor for sophomores, juniors and seniors (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Harpur College Binghamton Area Physician Mentor Program: Pre-Med sophomores and juniors
are eligible to apply. Applications are due to Dr. W. Thomas Langhorne in Academic B G-18 by June 15th. The program description and application can be found here.
- Harpur College Summer Physician Mentor Program: Current Binghamton University pre-medicine sophomores and juniors are eligible to apply. All application material (online application, résumé and two letters of recommendation) for the 2015 program are due by 4pm on Friday, February 13th.
- Read what current physician mentors and past student participants have to say about the program: http://binghamton.edu/harpur/perspective/alumni/md-mentors.html!
- Click here for more information about the Harpur College Summer Physician Mentor Program
- The online application can be found here: Online application
- Submit your one page résumé to Harpur Academic Advising c/o Michelle Jones in Academic B G-18. Students are encouraged to visit the Fleishman Center for Career and Professional Development Center website for tips and guidelines for submitting a professional résumé.
- Submit two letters of recommendations to Harpur Academic Advising c/o Michelle Jones in Academic B G-18. Reference forms can be found here. At least one of your references must be from a faculty member at Binghamton University. The second reference may be from an academic advisor, a professor, a lecturer or a supervisor. Letters of recommendation from relatives, undergraduate and graduate students are not acceptable.
- Please contact Michelle Jones if you have any questions about the Harpur College Summer Physician Mentor Program.