Harpur Law Council Public Interest Law Summer Internship
This summer internship program gives Binghamton University juniors and seniors the opportunity to:
- Experience the practice of law in the public sector.
- Make informed decisions about the choice of a legal career, based upon their own experience.
- Receive financial support to defray living expenses during the internship.
- Establish professional connections with Harpur Law Council member attorneys and other BU law alumni.
The application process is highly competitive and, for summer 2016, five internships will be offered in the Metro NY area and 1 internships will be offered in the Washington, D.C. and Rochester, NY areas.
Selected students receive stipends ranging from $2,500 to $4,000 plus one credit.
Where will the Internship take place?
Five sites are confirmed for the summer 2016. The sites include:
• Legal Services NYC, Bronx: www.bronx.legalservicesnyc.org
• NYC Department of Education: http://schools.nyc.gov/Offices/GeneralCounsel/default.htm
• U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, Office of Chief Counsel, Arlington, VA: www.dea.gov
• Volunteer Legal Services Project (VLSP), Rochester, NY: www.vlsprochester.org
• Waterfront Commission of NY Harbor: www.waterfrontcommission.org
Students chosen for the internship must work full-time at the assigned host organization for eight to ten weeks during the summer.