Philanthropy Team Vision
2032 Vision Statement
All Binghamton constituents are actively engaged and making a difference for Binghamton University and the communities we care about. We are givers of time and money. We are philanthropists.
The conditions needed to achieve this vision are:
- We have built a culture of giving at Binghamton University that is integrated into community life.
- We have provided students with experiences through which they recognize their role as part of a larger whole, as members of both the Binghamton University community and the many other communities relevant to their lives. We have prepared students for lives of engaged citizenship.
- We have increased awareness of the opportunities to give time and money to the University and other meaningful places for all members of the Binghamton University community (students, faculty staff and alumni).
- We measure the myriad ways in which Binghamton University community members give time and money, to support both the University and the other communities we care about. We know the impact of those contributions.
- We have invested in the institutional capacity needed to realize this vision.
What we would experience if we realized this vision (what achieving the vision would look like):
- Binghamton alumni change the world. Students apply and enroll at Binghamton because of its reputation for preparing students for active citizenship.
- Binghamton students embrace civic engagement and philanthropy as an integral part of their university experience. Their giving of time and money stand out relative to other peer and SUNY institutions.
- Binghamton University students adopt the Greater Binghamton community as their collegiate home and view opportunities for community engagement as an important responsibility during their time here.
- All Binghamton University alumni, faculty and staff view the University as both needing and worthy of their gifts of time and money.
- Binghamton alumni, faculty and staff value their philanthropy as a defining and essential part of their identity.
- People pursue Binghamton University for employment because of its reputation for civic engagement and giving back.
- External stakeholders recognize Binghamton as an emerging leader among public universities nationally for its growing endowment and alumni participation in giving.
- Major philanthropists and institutional donors seek out Binghamton as an incubator for innovations in research, pedagogy and civic engagement. Other universities learn from our models.
- The Greater Binghamton community perceives the University as critical to the region's social, economic, cultural and intellectual well-being because of the strong partnerships we have built.
2017 Vision Statement
Binghamton University embraces an inclusive definition of philanthropy that is woven into the very fabric of University life. Everyone understands and values their role in supporting a culture of philanthropy that focuses on building meaningful, authentic and enduring relationships.