SP5.7: Support Staff Required to Maintain and Operate New Buildings and Additions
Roughly half of the Other than Personal Service (OTPS) and personnel costs that were estimated as necessary to support the new Center of Excellence building and the renovated University Union spaces — about $500,000 — was provided in the 2013–14 operating budget. A hiring plan is in place that will be implemented as the new spaces open. The University’s facilities department will strive to provide the desired level of support and will monitor daily cleaning and operating activity to evaluate resource assignments and operating effectiveness.
Goals advanced under this project are:
- Optimize staff and faculty resources
- Upgrade physical infrastructure of campus
Indicators of success for these goals are:
- Space utilization, academic seat availability and utilization
Milestones completed since last progress report are:
- About $500,000 was provided for staff and OTPS (Other than Personal Service). Roughly half of the OTPS and personnel costs that were estimated as needed to support operation of the new Center of Excellence building, the renovated University Union, the Admission's Center and classrooms in Old Whitney. The hiring plan is in place and has been implemented as the facilities open.
- Physical Facilities uses its Smart Inspect to assure/measure quality control. This software allows management to monitor buildings monthly for quality scores and put corrective action plans in place. It is used to determine training needs, staff performance, machine/product malfunctions, and weather and safety issues.
Last Updated: 9/12/14