Goals and Objectives 2012-2013
1. Position the Division of External Affairs as the University’s advancement resource.
• Strengthen advancement partnerships with Schools, Athletics, Research, and other academic units.
• Continue to foster a supportive staff environment within the Division of External Affairs that values all individuals and provides professional development opportunities.
• Evaluate “lessons learned” from Bold.Brilliant.Binghamton—The Campaign for Binghamton University to strengthen future fundraising.
2. Support Binghamton as the “Premier Public” with external constituents and advance the University’s strategic direction.
• Strengthen University-wide opportunities to engage volunteers and donors.
• Introduce the President to additional national audiences.
• Utilize Vice Presidents, Deans, and other University leaders in advancement programs.
3. Involve external constituents in the life of the university, matching their interests with university needs and priorities.
• Enhance all communications platforms to further promote awareness of the University.
• Expand the web presence on all mobile applications.
• Apply best-practices in social media for increased involvement with the University.
• Improve national media stories placement.
• Create more student-alumni programs that will prepare undergraduates to be engaged, life-long alumni.
• Increase the number of alumni speakers on campus.
• Execute one to two class-year-specific engagement initiatives.
• Plan and lead a successful Alumni Leaders Conference (April 2013).
• Increase by at least 5% the total number of tracked alumni in core volunteer activities such as Liberal Arts to Careers Externship (LACE), Alumni Admissions Volunteers, Career Networking, and chapter programs.
• Support the Foundation Board of Directors in a self-assessment of their mission and connection to the University.
4. Enhance a culture of philanthropy for the University, across campus and with external communities.
• Support a shared vision for the future of the University through philanthropy.
• Create a renewed comprehensive prospect pipeline that includes individuals, corporations, and foundations for future fundraising activities.
• Initiate the Foundation Board of Directors Principal and Major Gifts Committee to foster new relationships through volunteer peer-to-peer connections.
• Utilize The Binghamton Fund and Leadership Giving to broaden our base of support.
• Host a successful Campaign Celebration event and Campaign donor recognition display.