Please read this information in its entirety before beginning the process of enrolling in Department of Public Administration courses.
If you are not a a current Binghamton University Graduate Student, please apply for Non-Matriculated Status at the Graduate School and comply with all Graduate School requirements. The Department of Public Administration cannot override holds and it is the students’ responsibility to meet all necessary requirements.
The Department of Public Administration places its own matriculated students first and then reviews non-matriculated requests for enrollment in the following order:
- Matriculated graduate students with approved MPA concentrations, matriculated dual degree students and matriculated combined degree students
- Matriculated students in any other graduate program
- Non-matriculated students
The following courses are not open to non-matriculated students:
- PAFF 510
- PAFF 515, 516, or any evidence based decision making course.
- Any course numbered 590 or higher
The Department of Public Administration will notify students of course admission decisions by email only during the first week of classes. This is to ensure that all students are accomadated in the above established order. Be sure to provide a current email address. Please note that courses fill quickly and you may be offered a course other than the one you chose.
Complete the Non-Matriculated Request form and return it to the Department of Public Administration:
Department of Public Administration
PO Box 6000
Binghamton, NY 13902-6000