When and how do I receive my diploma?
- Diplomas are mailed via the U.S. Postal Service 6 - 8 weeks after the end of the semester to the address provided on the Application for Degree. If you did not provide one on the form, the diploma will be mailed to the permanent address on file with Student Records.
- If you need to change your diploma address, please contact the Degree Coordinator.
- If an MG (Missing Grade) or an I (Incomplete) is noted on your transcript, your degree will not be conferred until you are given a final grade. Contact the instructor of the course with questions.
- You must resolve all financial holds before you can receive your diploma. Check your student account balance via BU BRAIN, and contact Student Accounts to clear any holds.
What’s on my diploma?
- Your name will appear as you entered it on your Application for Degree. Your name cannot be changed after the diploma has been printed. To make any changes to your diploma after you’ve submitted the Application for Degree, you must contact the Degree Coordinator.
- If you earned Latin Honors (Summa Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude or Cum Laude), the designation will be included on your diploma.
- Undergraduate students in the College of Community and Public Affairs and the Thomas J. Watson School of Engineering and Applied Science will have their majors printed on their diplomas.
- Harpur students completing more than one major will only receive one (1) diploma. All majors and minors will appear on the official transcript.
If you ever lose your diploma...
Duplicate diplomas can be ordered for $15 by sending a completed Replacement Diploma Request form along with check or money order payable to Binghamton University.
Mail request and payment to:
Financial Aid and Student Records
PO Box 6000
Binghamton, NY 13902
Please allow 2-3 weeks for processing and delivery by U.S. Postal Service. International deliveries may take several additional weeks.
Expedited Delivery needed:
Federal Express Option (credit card rquired; charges vary according to destination and weight)
- Go to the FedEx US Website at http://www.fedex.com/us/ to "Create a Shipment" and print label.
- If you need help ordering your shipping label, please all Federal Express at 1-800-463-3339.
- Attach the pre-paid shipping label (required) to the request form.
- You can fax the form with the pre-paid shipping label but the request will not be processed until the $15 payment is received.
- Federal Express requests received will be sent out on the next business day.
Important notes about the Federal Express Option:
- We will not process any FedEx request without both a pre-paid shipping label and a check for $15.
- Please select "Priority Overnight", "First Overnight", "Standard Overnight", "FedEx 2 Day", FedEx 2 Day AM"; "FedEx Express Saver" as your shipping option. FedEx will not pick up "FedEx Ground" orders in our office.
- All overnight shipping charges are the responsibility of the student.
- Delivery cannot be sent to a P.O. Box; they must be sent to a physical street address.
- Actual delivery times vary according to recipient's location.
- Requests will be sent out the next business day.
- International Shipments: You must create a Federal Express account.
- Saturday delivery: You must select "Priority Overnight" and "Saturday Delivery" when ordering to ship overnight on a Friday.