Course conflicts occur when a student tries to register for two courses that overlap.
For example, a student wants to register for ENG 101 and CHEM 120. ENG 101 ends at 2 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. CHEM 102 meets on Mondays and Wednesdays only, but each class starts at 1:50 p.m. This creates a course conflict, but it does not mean that you cannot register for both classes.
With instructor approval, a student may register for time conflicting courses. Here are the steps:
- Print the Course Conflict form.
- Complete the course information for both classes.
- Obtain the instructor's signature.
- Students are only required to obtain the signature from the instructor of the course he/she will be missing time from.
- Going back to our example, if the student will leave early from ENG 101 on Mondays and Wednesdays, the student should obtain the ENG 101 instructor's signature.
- Submit completed form to Financial Aid and Student Records in the Admissions Center, Room 112.
The office will process a registration override, allowing the student to register for two overlapping courses. Please note: If you have a course conflict override on your registration record, you must visit the Financial Aid and Student Records office to make any and all course registration changes for the remainder of the semester. If you attempt to make changes online, you will receive a time conflict error message and will be unable to make desired changes.