Laboratory Animal Resources
Laboratory Animal Resources (LAR) provides for the care and well-being of vertebrate
animals used in research, training, and education by supporting the animal-related
needs of researchers, educators and students while complying with the highest standards
of care described by the Association for the Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory
Animal Care International (AAALAC) and state and federal regulations.
Working with Animals
If you are planning to work with animals, the following is needed:
- Successful completion of online training (see "Online Training" below)
- Completion and review of the health questionnaire form (see "Occupational Health and Safety Program - Health Questionnaire" below)
See the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) policy, Requirements for Working with Animals, for more details.
Occupational Health and Safety Program
- Health Questionnaire for faculty, staff, and students intending on working with animals.
- Instructions for wearing disposable masks (Video)
Visiting Animals for Education, Demonstration or Training
REPORTING AN ACCIDENT OR INJURY
If you have an accident or get injured, get medical help if needed. Report your injury/illness to your supervisor, and complete a form CS-13, Report of Accident or Injury.
- Laboratory Animal Resources
P: (607) 777-3836
F: (607) 777-5454
- Mail Stop
PO Box 6000
Binghamton, NY 13902-6000
- Courier Service
4400 Vestal Pkwy E
Vestal, NY 13850