The Office of Entrepreneurship & Innovation Partnerships is continuously searching for motivated students with a strong interest in entrepreneurship to assist the department as well as start up companies working with Binghamton University.
Our office also handles all technology transfer for the university. There are also internship opportunities available in our office for students that would like to gain commercialization and intellectual property experience
SpinCar is looking for an iOS Developer to work in their NYC office in the Gramercy area. SpinCar is a leading provider of a 360-degree imaging software to the auto industry. Please share with your graduates / graduating students who may be interested.
Charge CCCV LLC (C4V), based in Binghamton, New York, is a startup company specializing in technology development and commercialization of next-generation Li-ion batteries for energy storage. In particular, the company is working on drop-in replacements for materials used as Cathode/Anode for lithium ion batteries. C4V has discovered, patented and is now commercializing these enhanced materials by applying material science research and has established a supply chain in Southern Tier New York to produce lithium ion batteries.
We are currently looking for mechanical engineering background student as an intern to help with battery casing design and fabrication, for which company is closely working with a local manufacturer. The position is paid and would be for 10 - 15 hours per week.
Here are the tasks expected from the intern:-
- Evaluates mechanical and electromechanical systems and products by designing and conducting research programs; applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials.
- Confirms system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods; testing properties.
- Develops mechanical and electromechanical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials; soliciting observations from operators.
- Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Mechanical Engineer Skills and Qualifications:
Requirements Analysis, Design Skills, Presenting Technical Information, Equipment Maintenance, Conceptual Skills, Quality Focus, General Consulting Skills, Control Engineering, Production Planning, Technical Zeal, Job Knowledge
Position: Computer Programmer
Start-up company Ching is a developing website and app. We are looking for computer science undergrads to help work on the website. Ching has registered as an employer with the Fleishman Center so you can put your experience with Ching on your resume. Please contact Bobby Ahearn at email@example.com if interested in this opportunity.
ENTREPRENEURSHIP & INNOVATION PARTNERSHIPS
Position: Upstate Venture Connect Assistant
Description: Help us market a new program called "Drive Binghamton". This position will help with upcoming events, social media, branding and website management.
Requirements: No schedule requirements
This position will be 10 hours per week and will be a paid internship (can also be credit bearing).
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org