Proposal Development Roles and Services
- Project partner contributing to project design and proposal writing.
- Design and preparation of educational plans.
- Design and preparation of center management structures and business plans.
- Facilitation of communication, meetings, roles, and responsibilities of team members.
- Consultation on how to structure a project team or project.
- Proposal editor coalescing team members’ contributions and finalizing the draft.
- Writing identified sections of a proposal. Please review our University Briefs for information to help prepare common proposal sections.
- Partnership development, both internal and external.
- Development of evaluation component of the project.
- Coordination with Federal and State Relations.
- Review of a final draft.
Please note: Our capacity to assist with your proposal is dependent upon the office’s current grants portfolio. Please contact our office at (607) 777-2931 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org well in advance of your submission deadline to discuss your proposal preparation needs.
Agencies and Programs
The Office of Strategic Research works with faculty teams to position university programs and collaborative efforts for successful funding. We focus primarily on multi-investigator proposals, institutional training grants, center grants, infrastructure and capacity building grants and regional economic development initiatives. We have experience with many federal and state funding agencies, and have expertise in educational initiatives. We have served as NSF panelists and reviewers and been part of many successful teams. A selection of the programs and sponsors that we have experience with are listed below, however, we can assist in any application:
- National Science Foundation
- National Research Traineeship Program
- Improving Undergraduate Science, Technology, Engineering and Math Education
- Scholarships in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math
- Research Experience for Undergraduates
- Graduate Research Fellowships Program
- Faculty Early Career Development Program
- Industry/University Cooperative Research Centers Program
- Partnerships for International Research and Education
- Coupled Natural and Human Systems
- National Institutes of Health Institutional Training Grant (T-32)
- National Institute of Standards and Technology National Network for Manufacturing Innovation Institute Awards
- Department of Defense Led Manufacturing Innovation Institutes
- US Economic Development Administration Trade Adjustment Assistance Center
- SUNY System
- New York State Energy Research and Development Authority
- New York State Empire State Development