The residence halls will close for winter break at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, December 23.
All residents (except those registered to remain in Mohawk, Windham, Delaware, Susquehanna, and Hillside) must vacate the halls by this time.
If you live in Break Housing in Mohawk, Windham or Delaware, see specific closing notice for break housing.
If you live in the Apartment Communities – Susquehanna or Hillside, see specific closing notice for apartment communities.
Unless you are assigned to a break housing hall as listed above, all residents, including international students, who plan on remaining in the Binghamton area over break, should finalize their off-campus arrangements well before the closing date.
If you are staying for all of part of the recess, please register no later than Monday, December 21 here.
If you are checking out of on-campus housing or making a room change for the spring semester, also refer to the instructions sent to you via your BU e-mail address. If you are moving and have not received such instructions, please contact your community office immediately.
SHH! 24-HOUR QUIET HOURS begin 11:59 p.m. Tuesday, December 15 and continue through 8 p.m. Tuesday, December 22.
Before leaving your residence hall, you must:
- Unplug all electrical devices (including refrigerators; these must be left open).
- Close and lock all windows and doors.
- Close and lower blinds three-quarters down.
- Remove all perishable food and trash from your room and hall.
- Remove all personal items from bathrooms. All suite bathrooms and corridor-style bathrooms will be cleaned over the break.
- If you leave a car on campus, please park it in M1, or ZZ North or South for security reasons.
- Please keep in mind that the heat will be substantially reduced. Plants that may be negatively affected by the temperature change should be removed.
- If you have a Sabbath key, make sure to return it to your community office as instructed.
Please note: A staff member will be checking each room to see that safety and maintenance conditions have been met.
Halls re-open at 9 a.m. on Thursday, January 21, 2016.
If you plan to arrive before the halls re-open, you should arrange for a place to stay off campus until the halls open.
HAVE A HAPPY AND SAFE BREAK!