Facilities and Hours of Operation
The CIW Office is located on the ground floor of Onondaga in the CIW courtyard.
Regular Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm
Winter and Summer Break Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-4pm
CIW Dining Hall
Located at the bottom of the CIW hill between the Tuscarora building and Mohawk Hall, the recently renovated Dining Hall houses a full kitchen and can accommodate up to half of the residents of CIW at any given moment. Standard hours of operation are as follows:
Monday - Thursday: 7:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Friday: 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Saturday: 11:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Sunday: 11:30 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
The Woods Diner/CIW C-Store
The Woods Diner is located on the top level of the CIW Dining Hall. Offering their own specialized menu consisting of foods offered at the dining hall as well as exclusive meal choices, the Woods Diner is a vital part of any CIW resident's evening. Favorites include shakes, Mac N' Cheese Bites, burgers, and more! The Woods Diner also features a C-Store that offers a variety of grocery items for purchase.
Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 a.m.
Saturday - Sunday: 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 a.m.
*For the most up-to-date Dining Hall and C-Store/Woods Diner hours of operation, check the Binghamton University Dining Services website.
CIW Library and Center for Academic Excellence
College-in-the-Woods has its own quiet, attractive library that is used extensively. Conveniently located in the Iroquois Commons, it is a great place for many CIW students to study. You can find a walk-in tutorial center, Center for Academic Excellence, that is unique to our community. You will also find a copy machine here to print materials for class or a paper. It is open to all University students and offers 24 computers.
Our library also houses the University Scholars Program (x7-6737) and the McNair Scholars Program (x7-6594).
Mohawk Great Room
The Mohawk Great Room is an excellent space to do everything from relax with friends to running club events. This space is located central to campus, across from the University Union. The space has a white board, chalk boards, tables, couches and a large conference table to provide you with virtually any set-up you would need.
Room Reservation Policies
- The Great Room will only be reserved by outside clubs or organizations once a week. If the room has already been reserved for that week then a second event will not be approved.
- Only current Binghamton University students, faculty and staff can reserve the Great Room. Any community members from outside Binghamton University will have to check in with the RA on Duty.
- All requests must be put in at least one week in advance. Any other requests will be first come, first serve.
- The Mohawk RA on Duty will do rounds through the event to ensure all policies are being followed.
- Any violation of policies can result in the club or organization no longer being allowed to reserve the space.
- All furniture moved during the event is expected to be back in the original placement during clean up.
- All requests to reserve the Great Room will go through the RD of Mohawk Hall, Katie Shapiro. She will approve or deny the use of the space for the event.