Chenango Champlain Collegiate Center
Unique Community Styles
Each community has its own entrance (Newing on the left, Dickinson on the right), and its own color scheme.
The academic center, accessible from both sides, includes seminar rooms for tutoring, benches and computers, tables with data/power and a printer room.
For the Music Enthusiast
The Newing side includes the Broome Closet, a soundproof music practice room.
C4 Multi-Purpose Room
The large C4 Multi-Purpose Room includes a stage for the Dickinson Community Players, can be divided into six smaller spaces as needed – each with multimedia capabilities − and includes ramp access to the stage. To view configurations and reserve this space, click here.
Dining Hall Features
- There is a shared kitchen and serving area, with separate dining rooms for Dickinson and Newing that each accommodate approximately 400 people in varied style seating. A connecting, outside patio is accessed from both dining rooms.
- The kitchen includes several stations: deli, pizza (with a wall oven), pasta, expeditions (Mongolian Wok), entrees, beverages, international, soup/salad bar, grill.
- The Kosher Kitchen has two separate kitchens in the building, separated from the main kitchen.
- The common dish room includes a more efficient conveyor system that can move 300 trays at a time into the cleaning area.
Health Service Improvements
Health Services has a room on each side for outreach efforts and programming.
Additional Meeting Rooms and Storage
Each side has a meeting room, offices and storage for its hall government, as well as for its faculty master.
New Lounge Areas
- There is a gas fireplace in the large Dickinson lounge.
- A large table built from local trees is the centerpiece of the large Newing lounge.
- There is a refurbished, working phone booth on the Newing side, salvaged from one of the former Newing buildings.
- Skylights provide natural lighting.