What to Bring
Every room has beds, desks, chairs, dressers and a place to hang your clothing, but what you and your roommate(s) bring will really be what makes your room feel like home.
- Trash bin and bags
- Pillows and pillowcases
- Sheets (2 sets 39x80), blanket and bedspread
- mattress pad
- toiletries (incl. hand soap)
- alarm clock
- bath and hand towels; wash cloths
- poster hanging putty (tacks/pushpins should not be used). Look for the blue kind for easier removal.
- clothes hangers
- silverware, cups, plates, bowls
- laundry detergent
- 25' Ethernet (RJ45) cable for internet connectivity or computer with wi-fi capability
- computer (frequently asked questions)
- umbrella and/or raincoat
- can opener
- bag clips
- envelopes and stamps
- personal-type water filter & extra filter cartridges
- dish detergent
- address book w/phone numbers
- stapler, tape dispenser
- paper towels
- shower caddy and sandals
- thumb tacks (for cork boards)
- large fan
- sewing kit
- desk drawer organizer
- screwdrivers/small tool kit
- extra batteries
- 3-hole punch
- note cards
- clip on light/arm lamp (no halogens)
- pens and pencils
- re-sealable plastic bags & twist ties
Items to Share
It's a good idea to contact your roommates before coming to school to coordinate who's going to bring what.
- box of tissues
- refrigerator (5.5 cubic feet or less)
- carpet or rug for your room
- video game consoles
- free standing shelving system (no cinder blocks)
- You will be asked to inventory your room and/or apartment. It is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT that you are VERY DETAILED on this report because any damages found when you check out that are not listed by you when you check in will be charged to you. We really don’t want you to be charged for something that is not your fault, so please be sure to take time and use extra detail.
- Wall decorations are allowed, but nails, duct tape and double-sided tape are not to be used or you will be charged for repairs.
- NOT ALLOWED: Halogen lamps, fireworks, guns/weapons, alcohol (if under age 21), exposed heating element or open coil appliances, toaster ovens, water beds, air conditioners, use of candles or incense.
- Be aware that all the items present in your room when you move in must remain in your room.
- Lofts are not permitted.