Move-In Day and Welcome Weekend
New student move-in
Residence halls open for new students Thursday, Aug. 28, at 9 a.m. We've staggered arrival times to ensure the process moves as efficiently as possible:
Your housing assignment should arrive in mid- to late-Aug.
We'll have staff and volunteers on hand to help you get moved into your room, but we need your help, too. Check our website for tips on what to pack, what to leave home, what furnishings will be in your room and how to pack efficiently. Then, once you get to campus, here's what you can expect:
- The entire move-in process can take up to 2 hours.
- Cars dropping off students to Mountainview or the apartment communities will be sent directly to their area. All other cars will initially be directed to our staging area outside the Events Center.
- We'll see your parking card (enclosed in your welcome letter from Residential Life) on your car's dashboard and direct you to your residence hall. You'll follow color-coded signs to your hall.
- Be prepared to show picture identification at check-in.
- When you arrive at your hall, please unload your belongings. The driver will immediately move the car to the designated parking area while you go to the check-in area. Your other family member can remain with you to assist with your belongings. Don't have two people with you? That's OK! The Welcome Crew (staff and volunteers) can help.
- Due to the high number of new students moving in, at times you might find it easier to move yourself in without help from a Welcome Crew member. We'll have large carts so you can transport your belongings to your room as quickly as possible.
- Before you unpack, use a computer to check your email and complete a room condition report. Don't have a computer handy? Ask your RA for a print copy.
Welcome weekend events
All students should plan to attend their floor, building and/or community-wide meetings Thursday afternoon.
CIW, Dickinson, Hinman, Mountainview and Newing
- 3-4 p.m. floor meeting — see your RA for location
- 4-5 p.m. building meeting — building main lounge
Hillside and Susquehanna
- 4-5 p.m. apartment social