Mountainview Senior Resident
Mountainveiw College is looking for students who want to make a difference in residential living. Residential Life is conducting a two-year pilot program in Mountainview that offers students an opportunity to develop skills of collaborative leadership. The traditional Resident Assistant in the community is being replaced with a new role, Senior Resident for Mountainview College.
- The Senior Resident in each community will collaborate with students to develop a system of community-based governance focused on strategies for college success.
- Senior Residents will be part of the case management for residents in the community including meeting with residents about personal and academic concerns. Senior Residents will need to get to know the students in the community to be effective in this role.
- Senior Residents will develop programs and services for the community to enhance academic success, high impact learning experiences, develop career readiness and prepare for life after college.
- Senior Residents will be expected to engage with the Mountainview community and facilitate dialogue among members of the community daily.
- This position requires 20 hours per week, the hours are flexible around the needs of the community.
- Regular staff meetings are scheduled for Wednesdays 3:30 to 5 p.m. and can only be missed for courses to complete major requirements.
- Senior Residents participation in night and weekend duty rotation for crisis situations.
- Senior Residents return to campus in advance of students to prepare the buildings and participate in training.
Compensation includes a single room in Mountainview community and board plan.
Instructions and Forms for Senior Resident Application
The links below will allow you to fill out the Senior Resident Application. Please have completed by December 5 at 5 p.m.
Steps to Apply:
- Complete your HireBing Application
Search 'Mountainview Senior Resident' or ID# 14213 to find the posting.
- Complete the Supplemental Questions Google Form
- Send your references with the Reference Google Form
Each applicant is responsible for sending this form and ensuring it has been completed.
After December 5, applicants who have submitted all the necessary information, will have their applications reviewed. Qualified candidates will be asked to schedule a first round interview via HireBing. It is your responsibility to ensure you sign up by the deadline. Candidates who are successful in during the first round of interviews will be asked to schedule a second interview. Interview dates and times are to be determined.
If you have any questions regarding the application process for the Senior Resident position, please contact Cindy Tesch.